The course is for healthcare providers, other than nurses, and describes the duty to report rules as issued by the Tennessee Department of Health, offers information on recognizing the signs and symptoms of a substance use disorder, describes the appropriate action when a healthcare provider shows these symptoms, including investigation, documentation and preparing for intervention.
Getting started is as simple as one-two-three…
- Register (one time only)
- Log in (as many times as you want). Remember to write down your user name and password.
- Access course by clicking “My Learning”
Hint: After completion of the registration there is a message to
click the “sign-in” button.
Hint: If you need to quit after registration when you return go to:
https://www.affinityehealth.com/CMS/tnpap to log in.
Note: TnPAP participants have access to courses at the AOS home page. After logging into AOS select the "My Courses" tab.
Prescribing Controlled Drugs: Critical Issues and Common Pitfalls for Advanced Practice Nurses.
This course was developed by The Center for Professional Health at Vanderbilt to address the prescribing practices of nurse practitioners and physician assistants. This new course is guided by the current curriculum offered to physicians. The course will focus on nurse practitioners and physician assistants in their roles as prescribers in relation to different state regulatory rules that govern them. The course will provide current information on proper prescribing of controlled prescription drugs, identification of the drug seeking patient, diagnosis of substance abuse using SBIRT (screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment) and strategies to avoid risky prescribing behaviors.
TnPAP Orientation Course:
Save a Career, Save a Life
This invaluable introduction course for health care professionals provides insights on TnPAP's history and purpose. Viewers will learn how the organization's team of experts helps impaired professionals recover from emotional, psychological and chemical challenges through a carefully managed, step-by-step Monitoring process. The video includes a Q & A with TnPAP Executive Director Mike Harkreader; life-changing recovery steps, such as consultation, referral and monitoring; signs of impairment; and real-story case studies.
DIRECTIONS FOR VIDEO CERTIFICATION
To enroll into the "Save a Career, Save a Life" TnPAP Introduction Video Course, click on the following link: http://birchwoodsolutions.net/groups/ and complete the following steps.
- Create a new account or sign into the one you already created
- If you are creating a new account you MUST confirm your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address
- Once you are logged into the course enrollment click on the TnPAP category
- Then click on the course "Save a Career, Save a Life: TnPAP informational video"
- Enter the enrollment code: tnpap (all lower case) and click the enroll button
- Then click on the video button and start watching your video
- Once you have seen the video CLICK on the tab up top again that says TnPAP informational video
- CLICK on video quiz
- CLICK on Attempt quiz now
- CLICK on Start attempt now
- Answer the 10 questions
- CLICK submit all and finish if you are sure, otherwise go back and check ones you are not confident in then click the submit all and finish
- CLICK on submit all and finish again if it asks you
- See your score and review your questions
- CLICK on TnPAP informational video tab up top again
- CLICK on Certificate now
- CLICK on get your certificate
- Save a copy of your certificate and email a copy to your email address to print for your records.
- YOU ARE DONE!!
~Instructors who are using the video as a classroom activity will need to require students to register individually in order to access the quiz and certificate~